GOING BANANAS IN B SCHOOL


Thursday, October 18, 2007

Ye Shall Know The Truth

I love all those one hit wonder songs. They're sappy. They're catchy. They're all right up my alley. So up my alley that I have 38 of VH1's Top 40 Worst One Hit Wonder Songs. I had them before the show aired.

Yesterday I was yapping with one of the IT dudes and I mentioned how shocked I was that my new i-Pod did not have any Milli Vanilli songs. For some reason they didn't make it from my old laptop to my new laptop, and subsequently didn't make it into my new i-Pod. So today, he BRINGS IN his Milli Vanilli CD. Yes!! Someone owns it!!! As a tribute, I've played the CD the whole day. Not the whole CD, because lord knows they weren't that good. But I had 4 songs on repeat. Their only famous 4 songs. But that's 3 more than a one hit wonder.

So here I am in my cube jamming to 'Blame It On The Rain.' Life is good. General Counsel (GC) walks by, stops three steps pass my cube, turns around, and starts laughing at me (I'm actually quite used to this now). We wax nostalgic about Milli Vanilli, and he says, 'Rob and Fab.' Whoah-you know their names?? Yes! I had their CD when I was a kid!! Once again, this is GENERAL COUNSEL talking.

Not to be outdone, the Chief Compliance Officer walks by, and informs us that she WENT to a Milli Vanilli concert way back when because her kids wanted to go. It was a show with Paula Abdul and some other washed up 90s star.

And this is why my group gets along so well.

No comments: