GOING BANANAS IN B SCHOOL


Monday, November 26, 2007

High Five

My weekend in Vegas was nothing short of AWESOME!! First and foremost, I placed at a poker tournament!!! Granted, the buy in was only $25, but there were 4 tables and I made it to the final table!!
For the majority of the hands, I didn't realize I won until the dealer pushed the chips in front of me.
For the majority of the hands, I was scared shitless.
For the majority of the hands, I was a poser. Every once in a while when I get the poker itch, I watch one of the WSOP tourneys on tv. There's always a guy or two that wears the hoodie, the shades, and the headphones. This time, I was that guy, sans shades. On the one hand, it was working because duh-I was winning hands. On the other hand, it wasn't working because I didn't know I was winning hands. Once, the dealer even said to me, 'Honey-you need to take that shit out of your ear and pay attention.' Yeah. Brutal.

BUT I PLACED!!!!!

Annie Duke be afraid. Be very afraid. I have no strategy. I'm basically comedy for the rest of the table.
One guy was trying to stare me down. Trying to get in my head. Let me tell you that's a bad idea. It's a waste of time. I'm a newbie at poker. I don't know enough to think about what hands can be made, and what cards the other players have. No. I'm not that advanced. What was I thinking about the whole time? Dinner. What a waste to try to read my mind.

I also saw Cirque Du Soleil's Love show. Which was the bomb. I can't say enough about how truly awesome it is, except that you HAVE to see it. My excitement during the show was equivalent to my excitement at Disneyland. It was THAT good.

I lost money at craps. But let's not speak of that since I did lose money, and I don't like focusin' on the negative.

No comments: