GOING BANANAS IN B SCHOOL


Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Directionally Challenged

Sometimes I buy two similar products just to have them. Case in point: I own a 30G iPod. I love him. His name is O'Malley. I jam to Bon Jovi and Britney Spears in the car and at the gym. A month ago I was in the Apple store and realized that a Shuffle was only 80 bucks (because I'm also trying to save Africa from AIDS). I figured it would be good to take to the gym, especially since I want to start running (or jog, or powerwalk). I could use O'Malley, but I talked myself into buying a Shuffle because it was lighter, and I can just clip it to my t-shirt and away I go. For the record, I've used it twice.

Sometimes I just need to suck up and buy two similar products. Case in point: I met a classmate the other day for dinner at a restaurant neither of us have been to. I'm cool with going to new places since I have a Magellan. Well, for the most part getting to new places should consume far less fuel than life pre-Magellan. So I put in the destination, and away I go.

I find the restaurant on the first try (which is an amazing feat), and around 100 feet further there's a parking lot. Its actually a parking lot for the restaurant, a bar, and a grocery store among other things. I think that's what killed me.

15 minutes later I'm still walking up and down the sidewalk. I can't fucking find the restaurant. The same restaurant I saw 15 minutes ago that was next to the damn parking lot. After 5 more minutes of walking, I admit defeat and ask a couple walking by where the restaurant is. "Oh-all you have to do is turn around, walk back where you came from, past the parking lot, and its on the other side."

So what do I need? In addition to a GPS unit for my car, I need a handheld one. Stupid doesn't even begin to describe me.

1 comment:

Terri @findingdrishti.com said...

rochelle, sometimes i just don't understand how you manage to get through your day. :o)