GOING BANANAS IN B SCHOOL


Sunday, September 30, 2007

Think Blue

Earlier this week I went to a Dodgers game. My work thought that my coworker LG and I did a good job, well...at our job, so we got rewarded with some kick ass seats at a Dodgers game. When we got our tickets, the Dodgers were still in the running for a spot at the playoffs. We were stoked.

Oh boy-what a difference two weeks makes. By the time our game rolled around, the only way the Dodgers were going to go to the playoffs was if they won every game AND Arizona loses the rest of their games AND San Diego loses the rest of their games AND Colorado loses the rest of their games. Hold on...the Dodgers still probably don't have a chance.

Oh well.

But here's a pic of LG and I at the game. This was how close we were! 13 rows from the bottom!!!

Here's the thing about baseball games-they're actually not boring. Its a whole different world when you're at the game than when you're camped out in front of the tv watching. So LG and her sister left during the first or second inning (I can't remember which) to get food. They come back and the Rockies have scored two.

Legalmisfit: We're losing
LG: OMG what happened?!?!
Legalmisfit: I dunno. I was too busy looking for David Duchovny.

Yes, that was our actual conversation. And David Duchovny really was there. I have to give credit to HB-he's got hawk eyes. Me? Not such much. I didn't even believe him at first. So I'm going to add him to my list of celebs I've seen.

The parts of the game I saw were good. This meaning, yes, I wasn't watching the whole game. But I have A.D.D. so much can't be expected of me in the first place. Between looking for David Duchovny, eating a Dodger Dog, eating garlic fries, trying to find the damn malt guy (note to the uneducated like me-malt IS NOT ice cream), getting whiplash from trying to find the wave, and eagerly anticipating the 7th inning stretch, I really wasn't concentrating on the game. But it was fun and I had a blast.

No comments: