GOING BANANAS IN B SCHOOL


Monday, September 3, 2007

You Know I'm Bad, I'm Bad-You Know It

I've ordered a knife set and a spice rack from Amazon. It shipped Friday, and should get here by the 17th. I don't know why anything shipping from inside the US to another place also inside the US takes more than 2 weeks, but hey-I don't make the rules here. I got the spice rack because I was appalled that Roomie didn't have one. The apartment apparently doesn't come equipped with salt and pepper either. Well, now that I think about it, the spice rack doesn't come with salt and pepper. So I guess in two weeks I'll still be in the same boat. Hummm...
I sprung for a knife set because Roomie doesn't have one of those either. When I asked him, he replied, 'I have a knife or two.' Oh boy. One day I was digging in a drawer for said knives, and almost walked away sans 3 fingers thanks to his uncovered bread slicer =(
So knives and spices it is.

I tell Roomie that I bought these things when we're out at lunch. My life is so mundane that buying spices and knives is considered news. I give him hell because he doesn't have salt and pepper. And he responds with something along the lines of, 'I'm a guy-I don't cook. That's your job!!!!' So I fired back, 'Boy-I can poison you so fast...'

So let's now assess my two week stay here:
1) I've warned him of a possible fire as a result of my culinery skills
2) I've threated to poison him

I see the wheels in his head turning, wondering what kind of mess he got himself in by signing me on.

No comments: