GOING BANANAS IN B SCHOOL


Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Vegas Baby, Vegas

If I had the money, I'd enter in the MBA Poker Tournament in Vegas Jan. 16-18th. However, the gambling gods have different plans for me. That and I royally suck at poker. Nevermind though, I'm going Super Bowl weekend! I will be out of Vegas by the time Super Bowl starts, but I will be there to party. And hopefully expand my budget. Expand, not contract. Well honestly, my bank account can't shrink anymore.

I went to Vegas over Christmas. Its not quite the family feel-good holiday hot spot, but it was fun. The main thing I did was play craps. I won more money than anticipated. Hooray for me for even leaving Vegas with a profit. And the one thing I learned about gambling is that its impossible to win money playing low minimums. I spent an hour playing at the $5 table and walked away with $30. I spent 30 minutes playing at the $10 table and walked away with $150. Too bad its already spoken for. And damn you to the little Asian lady who bet $10 on me and walked away with an extra $500--I demand a cut of that action!

For my communications class on Thursday, I have to present on a "process" for 3-5 minutes. In all my infinite wisdom, the only thing I can think to present on is how to play craps. Not sure its a process, but its something I know about. Good enough, no? We'll see when I get my feedback. What I should really talk about is how to spend money. I seem to be an expert at that. With an extra emphasis on things I neither need nor afford.

So Super Bowl weekend is also my birthday weekend. I'm scared. I'm going to be 29. My last year in my 20s. I'd like to list all my accomplishments but none come to mind just yet. Everyone tells me that the 30s are more enjoyable than the 20s, but I secretly think it is because they are in their 30s, and if they could go back to their 20s, they'd do it in a heartbeat. I'd actually hate to know what my parents think. Bet they never imagined they'd still be partially supporting me after undergrad. I find myself using the phrase, "oh when I grow up I want to..." Peter Pan Syndrome Victim #48362419 here. I've thought about making a list of things I want to accomplish in life, but then it seems too Bucket Listy, and I don't want to feel like I'm going to croak any day now.

No comments: