GOING BANANAS IN B SCHOOL


Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Coming Out of the Dark

Yes, I can hear Gloria Estefan's song blaring in my head. But this is cause for celebration. After living for three years without television, I finally got cable!! Well, it wasn't exactly three years. The first year of law school, I got NBC. That's it. So it was all about the Olympics and Law & Order that summer. Then, 2nd and 3rd year law school, nothing. I was living off of Netflix.

However, last night, I came back from Christmas vacation, and had cable waiting! Well, that's not exactly true. I fumbled around with the remote for a good ten minutes. That's not my fault though. My old remotes had maybe 15 buttons between the three of them. This one remote has 100. Between turning every damn thing on and then inadvertently turning everything off, I'm surprised there wasn't a huge dent in the wall.

My first foray into the exciting world of cable, and what do I watch? VH1's Lifestye of Rich People, blah blah blah. Let me break it down for you-its a show to make the common folk like me feel like I'm poor. (By the way, according to the California real estate sector, I'm hovering precariously close to the poverty line. Oh wait-that's wishful thinking. I am below the poverty line!!) Now I'm thinking about how I'm living in poverty and that makes me sad. I'm going to go jonesing for sweets.

No comments: