GOING BANANAS IN B SCHOOL


Saturday, December 23, 2006

Why Am I Here?

This is what I've realized after one weekend with J-Unit in town: I need a kid to validate my existance. J-Unit came into town December 6th- 11th.

Thursday night I took her to my company Christmas party. Mind you, this was a Christmas shindig only for employees ie no +1 allowed. But honestly, when have I ever followed the rules? The party was at Nic's Martini Lounge in Beverly Hills. It's a pretty cool place. In the back is the vodka tasting room, aptly named Vod Box. J-Unit and I donned fur coats (faux, much to J-Unit's chagrin) and I downed 4 shots of vodka, and didn't pass out. Amazing. I also had a strawberry martini before entering the Vod Box.

We went home where I subsequently passed out on the couch for two hours. Figures.

Friday night after work Nico, J-Unit, and I headed out to San Diego. J-Unit got us two free nights at the W Hotel. It was an incredibly cool hotel. I especially like the part where the lobby is turned into a 'club' at night. Didn't even have to leave the building!! Maybe the girl taking the pic was super close to us-maybe we all have big heads. Regardless, this is at the lobby/club at the W Hotel



Saturday we went to the San Diego Zoo.

Here's a pic of us outside the hippo exhibit:

For going to the most famous zoo in the world, I have an inordinate number of pictures with fake animals...
Here's some fun facts I learned at the Zoo (it is suppose to be educational in edition to being fun):
1) Giraffes regurgitate EVERYTHING
2) Zebras are black with white stripes (oh wait-I have a picture of a real zebra!)

3) In order to keep polar bears in San Diego, they have to put them on a diet of veggies and fruits so they don't gain weight and get hot and fat (or something along those lines). Here's a pic of Nico and I outside the polar bear exhibit

Sunday we high-tailed it out to Disneyland!
We rode all the cool rides: Indiana Jones, Buzz Lightyear, Space Mountain, Pirates of the Carribbean, and Thunder Mountain (or River, I forget).

This is Nico and I on the famous Mad Hatter Teacup ride. J-Unit didn't join in the festivities because she didn't pay good money to yak after a ride.


Here's a pic of me playing the piano on the way to meet Mickey. This is where 5 years of piano lessons have gotten me:
And this is our group pic with Mickey. For some odd reason, no one was as excited as I was. Hummm...

No comments: