GOING BANANAS IN B SCHOOL


Thursday, January 4, 2007

Unconditional Love

I sent my dad the picture on my last post of the pan fried chicken, mashed potatoes, and veggies. This is a milestone in my life. I've been living by myself (or, not with my parents) for 7 years. I'm on year 8. I've cooked maybe 5 meals. 3 of them happened to be this week. So needless to say, the fact that I'm cooking is just astounding (my roomie is still alive and kicking, which earns me brownie points). Anyway, I sent the pic in an email to my dad to show him that I'm finally growing up (or that was the point of the email anyway). This is his response,

Legalmisfit,

I have been cooking for you for so long. May be it is time for you to cook a full dinner for me next time when you come home. I will settle for just mash potatoes, chicken, and some vegetable.

Dad


HUH??? I was expecting an email praising me on my accomplishment and how yummy the food looks.

Nope.

This is monumentous! Three short years ago I couldn't even follow Shake-n-Bake instructions. Learning how to cook is nowhere on the list entitled, 'Things That Are Expected Of You Because You're Asian.' (some items include: graduating high school, graduating college, graduating grad school).

Now what?

Oh-here's a pic of Roomie with last night's dinner: Blackened Chicken Breast and Frozen Veggies.
(at least she looks happy that I'm cooking)

No comments: