GOING BANANAS IN B SCHOOL


Tuesday, January 2, 2007

1 Day Down, 364 More to Go

I went to the gym AND cooked a meal yesterday. It wasn't a wimpy workout at the gym either. I was about to leave when a Bon Jovi interview came on (I love Bon Jovi), so I stayed on the Stairmaster for 20 more minutes. The interview was a full hour, but let's face it-as hot as I think he is, I won't last an extra 15 minutes on the Stairmaster.

I cooked some sort of panfried chicken, and made mashed potatoes from scratch!

I also threw in some veggies, but that's unimpressive since they were frozen and I think I overcooked them anyway. Doesn't my chicken look good? Or at least halfway decent? Somewhat edible??? I was supposed to make fish. That's what the recipe called for anyway. It wasn't until after I mixed the batter together that I realized the fish was still in the freezer (SMOOTH), but there was thawed chicken. So chicken it was. I think I under-seasoned the chicken (what can I say? Chicken is denser and bigger than fish), and over-seasoned the mashed potatoes. I sent an email to my roomie to make sure she's still alive (if she doesn't respond in the next hour, I'm going to spazz). Ok...her 'Out of Office AutoReply' sent me back a message, but that's not the same thing...

Here's further evidence that I'm turning over a new leaf...while watching The Colbert Report, I flipped through recipe books so I can cook Tilapia tonight. OMG-I'm being domesticated (in the learning-how-to-cook way, not in the getting-potty-trained way).

I'll mention New Years Eve party if and when I see the pics of Nico and I floating around randomly in cyberspace.

I've taken to reading at least 30 minutes everyday to broaden my horizons. I'm also trying to stop limiting myself to a particular genre. In the process, I've succeeded in scaring the shit out of myself. Currently I'm reading Under the Banner of Heaven by Jon Krakauer. Its about the history and the principles surrounding Mormonism. Its a fascinating religion, both corrupt and captivating. So last night I read a few chapters before going to bed. BAD IDEA. HORRIBLE IDEA. I had a nightmare that I was forced into a plural marriage, and the only thing I could say was, 'I'm Asian! I'm Asian! I'm Asian!' That was my staggering defense to getting hitched to a 65 year old man. Thank goodness I'm so educated.

No comments: