GOING BANANAS IN B SCHOOL


Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Soup

I made soup last night. Supposedly it was Irish Beef Stew. Supposedly.
It took three hours from beginning to end, and trust me when I say that I will not be making that again.
I'm not sure what went wrong, but little went right. Hence this blog is sans picture of stew.
I've emailed Nico aka Roomie to see if she is still alive. Cross your fingers. Its been three minutes and I haven't heard back from her yet. But I'll start fretting if I don't hear back from her in three hours.
I guess one of the problems was the excessive amount of thyme I added. Its not my fault though-all the other spices had the 'control' top-you know, the plastic top with holes for easier measurement control. The thyme is the only spice without that plastic covering, so needless to say much more than one tablespoon was added. Probably much more than two tablespoons. I think half the container let loose.

The other problem was the fact that I used half beef stock and half chicken broth. Not intentionally. Once again-its not my fault. Once I went into Ralphs I had to go pee. BADLY. So I blazed through the aisles picking up potatoes, tomato paste, Worchestershire sauce, and beef stock. I didn't bother checking to see if the container behind the beef stock was beef stock or not. I just assumed. MY BAD.

After browning the beef, I added the first container. Then I added the second box. The coloring of the second box was much darker than the first. Imagine my surprise. My shock. I yelped. But what can I do, right?

Roomie still has not emailed me back. Shit

No comments: