GOING BANANAS IN B SCHOOL


Wednesday, June 13, 2007

I've Got the Magic Touch

Some people have talent. Others have crazy amounts of talent. Michael Phelps can swim faster than a swordfish (I just Googled it-swordfish is one of the fastest fish, if not the fastest). Michelle Kwan looks like a ballerina on ice. McGuyver can make a bomb out of an eraser, a feather, and belly button lint. Paris Hilton has made a career out of lacking any talent. And then there's the kid who memorized the first 400 digits of pi.

Here's my talent: I can break things. Not anything and everything (sadly, I'm not that omnipotent). But if an object requires electricity of some sort, chances are I can wave my fingers and break it faster than Lindsay Lohan can wreck another Mercedes. Lemme run through a quick list of things I've broken:

1) A Mac at the computer science lab in college
2) The Mac to the right of the first one I broke
3) The Mac to the right of the second one I broke
4) The antenna on my first car
5) The antenna on my dad's current car
6) 3 iPods

The latest victim? My laptop Marshall. I'm not sure if he even turns on anymore, so I can't even crack jokes about getting the blue screen of death. Seeing that ominious sign would be a step up. Now Marshall sits in my backpack waiting to get repaired. I have begged IT to look at him and tell me if he's a lost cause or if I can continue to hold out hope.

Just so you know...you can go ahead and blame me if we're cruising in your car and all of a sudden it goes dead.

No comments: