GOING BANANAS IN B SCHOOL


Wednesday, June 27, 2007

So Close...Yet So Far Away

Here's reason #72960 why my next car will have navi:

I had to go to a store last night that I've never been to. Its fine with me because all I need to do is Mapquest the location and off I go. The directions say to take the 170 North and exit Roscoe. I leave at 6:45pm, which is still daylight out, and although there's traffic, it shouldn't be a big deal. Besides, its only 9 miles away.

There's a little bit of traffic, but its more than bearable. I'm jamming to Madonna (back when her music was enjoyable and she had better things to do than write children's books, or say, posing nude), and inching along the freeway. Pass up the exit to my gym, and think I'm getting close. Pass up 5 more exits, and still think I'm getting close. Come upon the 'Pasadena-next 6 exits' signs and realize, 'HOLY SHIT-this isn't right!!! In sheer stupidness that only I can achieve, its dawns on me that I was on the wrong freeway. From the get go. I was suppose to take the 170 N, but instead hopped on the 134 E.



So, here's a map of my scenic route. The little green arrow (the southern most of the three points) is my humble abode. The yellow dot to the northwest is my destination. The red dot all the way to the east in BFE is where I ended up before it hit me that I was on the wrong track. I can't even say that I made a wrong turn, because I kinda fucked up right after I left my hood. 134. 170. You say tomato, I say tomatoe. This is one of those times where getting 1 out of 3 just doesn't cut it.

This is probably why I can't do well on the math portion of the GMAT. I can't even play Sesame Street and realize 134 is not the same as 170.

No comments: