GOING BANANAS IN B SCHOOL


Sunday, March 23, 2008

The Good Fight

I've never made any bones about it: people in LA are superficial and materialistic. Its the culture (or lack thereof) and the way of living. But every once in a while, I run across people who are kind and selfless.

My last Wish Kid, Blake, had his going away party this weekend at the Hard Rock Cafe at Universal Studio's Citywalk.

That's him, his brother, and some friends playing limbo. The best thing about this Wish was that a great company, Verifi, sponsored it. Not only did they sponsor Blake's wish to go to Hawaii, but they also sponsored the party for his family.

And their company came out in full force too. So my hats off to Matt (CEO), who is an incredibly gracious and kind person, and his company, for giving back to the community and making my Wish Kid's wish come true.

No comments: