GOING BANANAS IN B SCHOOL


Monday, March 10, 2008

Karaoke for the Cool Kids

My roomie has a high tolerance for bad singing. Maybe he's as tone deaf as I am. When I sing, I hear Bon Jovi's voice. But of course the voices in my head are more melodious than what everyone else hears...

For three hours last night, we jammed on Rock Band. I started off as guitar because that's what I played Saturday night. I'm not very good. But my middle name is Progress. The first time I picked up the guitar I forgot that I had to strum. I was too worried about getting the colors right. (This is multi-tasking and sometimes I'm just not good at it).

Everybody else I play with can either do the 'Medium' or 'Hard' levels. I am comfortable in 'Easy' mode. It only requires the use of three fingers. Once I introduce Mr. Pinky, it all goes to shit. Mr. Index, Middle, and Wedding Fingers don't play nice with Mr. Pinky. And the end result is that I seem to not have rhythm or know the primary colors.

Last night after a brief stint as guitarist, I ended up lead singer. Roomie was a drummer named Bertha.

We totally rocked out.

I am Courtney Love.

1) without the blonde hair
2) without the drugs
3) without the smoking
4) without the disastrous pathetic life

I sang Courtney Love better than Courtney Love could of.

The flip side was that the crowd was less than pleased with my rendition of The Clash's 'Are You Gonna Go My Way.' And I got booed for Bon Jovi's 'Wanted Dead or Alive.' Same for Radiohead's 'Creep.' Eh...can't be good at everything.

I wonder if a taping of this will get me into the American Idol auditions...

No comments: