GOING BANANAS IN B SCHOOL


Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Aged Like Fine Wine

I always thought that when I'm a parent I'd be one of those cool, hip parents with the cool hip house where all the kids would want to hang out at. If I have a daughter, I will take her to the (equivalent of) Hannah Montana or Backstreet Boys concert. She will get her first Barbie before she turns 28. And if I have a son, he'll get drum and guitar lessons. If he wants, I'll take him to the (equivalent of) Hannah Montana concert.

Today I basically threw myself under the bus.

The topic was whether or not a school should implement uniforms. I think I'm cool. I think I'm hip. I think I understand the younger generation.

Really? I'm just delusional.

I vote for uniforms, and to hell with a kid's freedom of expression. Have you seen what kids are wearing today? Holy shit! Skirts are shorter than my undies! (and for the record, I DO NOT sport granny panties). I'm not a big fan of guys wearing pants so baggy the belts are to keep the jeans at the knees.

When did I become such an old fogie? Have I really become more 'sensible'? Am I just a hop, skip, and step away from talking about the merits of a minivan over an SUV?

Pray for my unborn children...

No comments: