GOING BANANAS IN B SCHOOL


Monday, February 25, 2008

I Would Walk 500 Miles

This weekend J-Unit was in town. It was a last minute kind of thing. Spontaneity is pretty much my middle name.

J-Unit took the Asian honors by taking a million and a half pics. Me? I took 3.

We stayed at the Westin at Horton Plaza. Dinner was in the Gaslamp Quarter, which was literally a quarter mile away from the hotel. But with both of us in 4 inch heels, there was no way we were walking more than 2 blocks. So we get my car from valet, drive the 5 blocks over, realize there's not restaurant valet, but there's a general parking garage. After we're going down the ramp, we realize its 20 bucks to park the car. No way Jose. High tailed it out of the garage, valeted it at the hotel again, and cabbed it back to the restaurant. I think if we walked across the hotel parking lot, it would have taken us 5 minutes to get to the restaurant. So...0.43 miles took us driving my car to the restaurant, driving it back to the hotel, and then taking a cab back. We are brilliant. At least on the way back to the hotel it was raining, so it seemed half a notch less pathetic that we cabbed it back.


Saturday night we ate at Cafe Sevilla, which is a rustic Spanish style restaurant. This is my gazpacho, which is my favorite soup. Weird eh? Since its vegetarian. I really dug the presentation. Usually when I make soup for myself I eat it straight from the pot. Classy.


This is our main course. J-Unit got the seafood paella, and I got the meat paella. Oh yeah baby! There was a ton of meat. Imagine my surprise when I went digging around in my dish and found a chicken drumstick!!! Yummy. And my sangria. That was basically my fruit allotment for the entire weekend.

No comments: