GOING BANANAS IN B SCHOOL


Thursday, April 3, 2008

A Different Kind of Prosperous

There are plenty of people out there that think I'm going to be rich. One day. I don't agree or disagree. I will say that I'm nearly 30, own a 5 year old car, own a ton of stuffed animals. What I don't own is a home. Maybe I'm on the road less traveled to my millions...

Sometimes fortune cookies give great fortunes (You are well liked by many people). Sometimes I get command cookies (Make your bed every morning). And other times, they're just shit fortunes all the way around. Two days ago my fortune read, "Your wealth will be great health."

Like I said, sometimes its just shit fortunes all the way around. I have to admit, I'd rather be 'wealthy' with evidence of a fatty bank account (or offshore Swiss bank account), and not by simply...still being alive. I have high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and probably a whole host of other bad things (I'm too lazy to sit there and read every item on the list at the doc's office so in one fell swoop its all 'N/A'). These are my health problems and I am ok with it. Part of it is my diet. Part of it is genes, but I accept that. What I can't accept is being broke the rest of my life.

Needless to say I didn't eat the fortune cookie. That's the only way I know to reject it.

No comments: