GOING BANANAS IN B SCHOOL


Monday, April 7, 2008

Oh What an Experience!

This past weekend was Experience Weekend at UNC. Basically its a time to check out the school, the potential classmates, the professors and much more. Its also a time for the school to woo any students on the fence about attending.

Although the weather was utter crap and my brain was functioning at 8%, I had a blast and fell in love with UNC. Its a fantastic institution, and my classmates are fun, smart, and overall great people. I can see myself spending the next two years here and loving it.

Even watching UNC get clobbered in the Final Four was fun. It was brutal, and I have never heard the crowd go so crazy when UNC was behind by 12 points, but hey, it was fun.

My flight out to RDU stopped in Phoenix. I was hungry enough (and smart enough) to get off the plane and hunt for food (the Phoenix to RDU route was 5 hours). I wasn't smart enough to put away my ID and...duh--there it goes. I spazzed for about a good hour until I realized that because I never clean out my wallet, I had my expired driver's license. Score!!!

My hotel was just a hotel. Ok-it wasn't anything fabulous, but for the price, it was good. I went downstairs to the lobby and reported that I had no hair dryer in my room. And yes, I looked in the bathroom, the closet area, and all dresser drawers. Couldn't find it. Later that night, I realized it was one of those that are built into the bathroom wall. 1.5 feet from where I applied make up. Maybe my brain was actually functioning at 3.5% instead of 8.

1 comment:

Terri @findingdrishti.com said...

random comment: your makeup looks great in that picture!