GOING BANANAS IN B SCHOOL


Monday, June 9, 2008

A Whole New World

As I slowly settle into my new life, I've noticed a few things. The most prevalent is that I am way too high strung. This is probably a product of living in a huge cities my whole life. Out here in BFE, the pace is much slower. I'm talking much slower like watching paint dry. Hopefully this will help me slow down, and take time and smell the roses.

Here's another thing: why do people complain about rush hour here? Let me tell you-rush hour is anything 20mph and under (basically, school zone). Anyone in their right mind would not consider 45 mph 'rush hour.' Please. If that's the worst it gets out here, I'm never leaving.

I love trees. But not when it causes me to get lost. And boy do I get lost. A lot. But its not my fault- in LA, I got by because of major landmarks, buildings, and signage. Here's there's absolutely nothing but trees. I can't tell the damn difference between one one-way road and another. Its all the same-they're all windy and lined with trees. Half the time I feel like I'm driving from one end of BFE to another. I don't know how other people do it, but its near impossible for me. The bright side is...wait...there is no bright side. I mentioned to someone that there are so many dense pockets of trees that it would be easy for a killer to hide a body. Somehow I thought it was very feasible, but I received a strange look. Hummm...

This is Jessie. Isn't she a cutie pie? This is one of the few calm moments she's had, although she's half sitting on my legs. She's my friend's dog, but I'm trying to take over. Slowly but surely...
I've spent a lot of time lately with her, and have the battle wounds to show for it. Two bruises on my right knee, a bruise on my middle finger of my right hand, and scratches on both my arms. She has totally manhandled me.

No comments: